Monday, May 30, 2016

Psalm of the Week -- Psalm 22









Psalm 22.1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?

Lord, this Psalm reminds us of the plan from long ago for your own son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross. Jesus himself quotes this Psalm as he bears my sin on the cross. I will never be forsaken because Jesus was forsaken on my behalf! Remind me today of the high price of forgiveness. Remind me that it was my sin that deserved your judgment. May I be gracious with others today as I remember that you are gracious to me. You are an infinitely holy God who makes yourself accessible through the priceless sacrifice of Christ!



"If we want to read and to pray the prayers of the Bible and especially the Psalms, therefore, we must not ask first what they have to do with us, but what they have to do with Jesus Christ." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment