Friday, June 7, 2013

In Loving Memory of My Dad

Last night the world lost one of the most energetic Kingdom workers God has ever made. My Father left his earthly body around 10:30 on Thursday night, June 6. He had gone to the store and walked back to his room. My mom found him on the floor. He was unresponsive to CPR. There was nothing the paramedics could do. His body was here but he had gone to be with Jesus. 

The flood of emotions and thoughts is impossible to convey right now. I did want to point all or our thoughts to some glorious truths that are serving as anchors for my soul this morning. 

God decides when someone leaves planet earth. "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment". (Heb 9.27). We learn some valuable insights here. All people are going to die and all people die by appointment. You cannot leave planet earth without God's permission. 

A life lived for The Lord is never tragic. My dad loved God more than anything else. He ordered his life around Kingdom work. Though it may seem untimely to die at only 59 years old, the bigger tragedy is living a life that has nothing to do with God and his glory. Praise God that though we grieve, we grieve as those who have hope. (1 Thess 4.13)


 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to have known your Dad.....prayers to your family, especially Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen, he was certainly a great encourager to my husband these last few years. We are praying for your family, your mom, and the rest of the family. So glad you and Mindy and kids were here to spend time with him before the Lord took him home. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allen, prayers and sympathy for you and the family. We loved him and all of you during your time at FBC, Gadsden. Looking forward to that great reunion day in glory!

    Steve Hosey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Allen, your Dad was the embodiment of what we should be. Even as a boy and a teenager, he was a vital force for the Lord. He was always an encourager. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allen, I am so sorry for your and your family's great loss, but you're absolutely right. I live this day on the foundation he helped build in my life and ministry. We are still in shock and grieving, but we do not sorrow as those who have no hope.

    Robin and I will see you Tuesday. We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I posted earlier, but for some reason my comment keeps deleting itself. You probably don't recognize my name, but I know you from youth camps and have heard your praises sang by my pastor at Riverbend!

    I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful testimony to your dad, and thank you for sharing it! Praying you know the comfort that far exceeds any earthly comfort we can find. Blessings to you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dad was not only my pastor, here in Gadsden, but a very close friend! I know from loosing my parents, its is very hard to see him go, but our loss here is heaven's gain! You can rest in the fact that you, with the rest of us , will see him again in Glory!
    Praying for you and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete